What is Biomass?
Biomass is organic material derived from living organisms such as plants. Biomass energy is produced by burning these biological resources to provide a renewable and sustainable source of fuel. The most common biomass energy source is wood, in the form of chip, pellets, and logs.
Biomass boilers are designed to utilise these biological resources to generate heat. These boilers are available in a variety of sizes for each application, ranging from 7kW domestic boilers, up to commercial and industrial scale boilers for larger schemes at 1mW+.
What are the advantages of a biomass boiler?
- Reduce Carbon Emissions.
- Lower fuel bills and reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
- Generate a guaranteed income with the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
- Our boilers can utilise a range of different fuels including: Log, Woodchip, and Woodpellet.
- Generates heat for central heating and hot water schemes.
- Can be used to heat an individual property, heat a district heating scheme for multiple properties, or process drying.